This year, we have read many works and one prevailing theme is that of the journey. You are completing one part of your journey as you graduate high school and beginning a new one. For your final project I would like you to reflect on the last four years of your life. Who were you as you began high school and who are you now as you graduate. Traditionally, this project has been the “senior scrapbook”, but you have a number of options for the way you would like to present your reflection. You may create a scrapbook, a digital book, a series of illustrated poems, a mural/collage, or _________________? Any idea must be cleared with me.
Include 10 of the following topics: Remember to include all four years. (*indicates required sections)
8. Senior activities (parking lot, dress up days, tailgate)
9. College or next steps
10. Predictions for next year
11. A page made by a friend or classmate
12. *A letter from mom or dad or other caring (non-school) adult in your life
13. A note or a fond memory from a teacher or other school person—preferably handwritten.
14. A letter from a friend
15. A day you want to remember
16. A day you hope to forget
17. Items from work, home, church, school, movies, concerts, other special events
18. *Final reflective written response. This can be in the form of an essay, narrative or a poem. As always let your insight and analysis drive your thoughts--not summary. Use specific incidents or markers to illustrate your piece, and make some judgments about where you have been, how you have spent your time, where you are, and where you are going.
Check out this link for examples of reflective essays