Google Art and Culture Assignment
Click here for the link to the Google Arts page.
1. Explore the photos, museums, and works of five different artists that look interesting. Branch out and look at some new artists.
2. Pick three that inspire you and fill out this Google Form.
Glow in the Dark
1. Choose an image for your subject matter (face, flower, animal, landscape, etc.).
2. Draw your composition.
3. Decide, what part of it you want to “glow”. Keep that area unpainted.
4. Choose one of the two methods: (A) monochromatic or (B) in full color.
Choice A. Paint the rest of the image in black-and-gray, keeping tonal relationships, but darkening all the colors a little, so the lightest area is gray (not white). Paint the glowing area with any colored pigment + white.
Choice B. Paint the rest of the image by adding some black to each color, keeping tonal relationships. Paint the glowing area with colored pigments + white.
1. get a piece of 18 x 24 watercolor paper and begin to gather
newspapers, magazines or maps. Choose how you will cover the watercolor paper with newspaper. You can be totally random with how you cover it or be selective with articles and pictures to stay with a theme. It could be political or social in nature if you are that kind of activist. Glue it all down. be extra careful of edges and corners.
2. While the newspaper is drying, start to plan how you will use
stencils from your design. will they mirror your design? will they
be random? or will they......? you decide, you're the artist. Cut out
3. Choose colors of spray paint to use, we have the primary colors and black and white.
4. I strongly suggest getting another piece of big newsprint and practice, but don’t waste the paint, and then go to your newspaper and spray. Let it dry outside.
5. Go back to your stencil paper with your design
and trace it on the opposite side of the paper to transfer later.
6. when the spray paint is dry, transfer your drawing and then
paint with black or ......... you decide,
20 Percent Time
Complete this form to let me know what you want to work on for your 20 percent time. Remember this is 20 percent of your time and 20 percent of your grade!
Take the Color Quiz!
Make Up Color Quiz!
Link to the color assignment.
There is a logic of colors, and it is with this alone, and not with the logic of the brain, that the painter should conform. (Paul Cezanne)
Link to the color lecture
Sometimes we are defined by what other people think of us. Many of us live our lives hiding what we really think or who we really are. What are we afraid of? Let's make our own personal statement ...
Link to the turn in form
Remember last year when we completed the Posterized Eye using Google Drawing? We are going to create a Posterized Self Portrait using Google Drawing and then paint our portraits. The tutorials linked here are the ones for creating a posterized eye. Refresh your memory on how to use the tools, and then start on your portrait. If you were not in my class last year, start with the eye and go from there.
Check out this slide show for some Pop Art Inspiration